Amit Mishra leads the Hat-tricks list in IPL
Sunrisers Hyderabad spinner Amit Mishra becomes the first bowler to claim three hat-tricks in IPL. The 3 hat-tricks also gave him a world record in the Twenty 20 format— he’s the only one to have claimed 3 hat-tricks.
Interestingly, Mishra has now taken three hat-tricks for three different IPL teams, which is another unique record for the spinner.
Mishra (30 and 4/19) also became the seventh all-rounder to register 30 and bag four wickets in the same IPL game, another record.
The leggie became the first to get three Man-of-the-Match awards in IPL’s sixth season and his sixth overall.
He bowled a spectacular penultimate over, dismissing four Pune Warriors batsmen in five deliveries to help Hyderabad clinch an 11-run win in Pune which is again unique. Mishra’s victims were Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Rahul Sharma and Ashoke Dinda. He had earlier claimed the prized scalp of Warriors captain Angelo Mathews off the first delivery of the 19th over with Pune needing 14 runs off 12 balls.
His previous hat-tricks had come against Deccan Chargers in 2008, while playing for Delhi Daredevils, and then for Deccan Chargers against Kings XI Punjab in 2011.
Speaking after the match, Mishra said he had stuck to his basics en route to his third such feat.
Here is the list of bowlers who have claimed hat-tricks so far in IPL:
- Lakshmipathy Balaji (CSK) vs KXIP (2008)
- Amit Mishra (DD) vc DC (2008)
- Makhaya Ntini (CSK) vs KKR (2008)
- Yuvraj Singh (KXIP) vs RCB (2009)
- Rohit Sharma (DC) vs MI (2009)
- Yuvraj Singh (KXIP) vs DC (2009)
- Praveen Kumar (RCB) vs RR (2010)
- Amit Mishra (DC) vs KXIP (2011)
- Ajit Chandila (RR) vs PWI (2012)
- Sunil Narine (KKR) vs KXIP (2013)
- Amit Mishra (SRH) vs PWI (2013)